May 16, 2005
Twice upon a yearIt's a beautiful Monday. Wonder if it's so 'cos of the morning shower and the breezy weather or I'm home on a working day. Either way, there's no discounting the fact that I'm pretty much relaxed and in a happy mood. It helped that my nose is no longer runny and stuffy, my throat doesn't feel as raw and I don't feel as weak as I'm sure I would have if I'd taken all my medicine.
Was just thinking... if I'm not sick as I am, and not on sick leave, what would I be happy doing on this lovely Monday? Turns out I'd be happy studying. Perhaps reading some lecture notes somewhere, or going through some readings for the 4th time, trying to extract the main points out of a labyrinth of words (ending with -ism). Perhaps sitting by some benches lined along the campus, or by the Merlion at Esplanade, or at my favourite bridge in Singapore.
But because such is not the case, the reality orders me to take my medicine after my newly-consumed lunch and going to sleep (again) for awhile more. I'd try to read a bit on bed then. A compromise from the earlier picture. Nevertheless, one has to (try to) be contented with what one has.
Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 12:26